Friday, August 31, 2012

The summer of 2012

Hello friends...
  I can hardly believe summer is coming to an end..I'm actually really looking forward to the fall- New England has the best foliage along with apple picking and other fun fall stuff! Summer was a busy one for me, taking lots of pictures, and work, work and more work..But I'm not complaining because my work is my creative force, it's very fulfilling. If I'm not learning something new everyday, I tend to get bored fast.. Photography took center stage!!! Although I love all styles of photography, I'm leaning towards fine art Victorian children's portraits..I've always loved the old postcards and greeting tags of Victorian children- their clothes, demeanor, the settings, how they posed. It was magical..There's a famous artist that lives here in my hometown, Donna Green, her paintings are just amazing. She is also the author of the Velveteen Rabbit.. Her paintings capture a feeling of home-- full of coziness and charm. Take a look at her paintings - Donna Green

If your in the south of Boston area, look me up to schedule a photo shoot. Tell a friend!!! If they book a photo shoot with me you will receive 20% off your photo package and your friend will receive $50.00 off their sitting fee. I hope you enjoy my photos!!!!

 
Imagine this as your Christmas card- so cute!
 
 
Not a huge fan of too much color, but it's essential for portraits! Really makes everything pop!
 
 
 
 
 
 
This little girl reminded me of a young Kirsten Dunst- adorable!
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
This little guy was soo funny! Loved the apples!
 
 
 
What a beauty!
 
 
 
I hope you all had a wonderful summer!
Jo-Anne
 
 
 


10 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Just beautiful Jo~Anne!...the little boy with the apples is soo cute!... I hope your Summer has been wonderful, and I too am looking forward to a gorgeous Autumn season... apples, bonfires, the changing leaves... everything... have missed you my friend!... xoxo Julie Marie

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Hi Jo-Anne,
Your photos are gorgeous! I also love Victorian children's portraits.
XO
~Wendy

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Hi Jo-Anne,
Your photos are Gorgeous! I also love Victorian children's portraits. They are so charm.
XO
~Wendy

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Hi Jo-Anne,
Your photos are gorgeous! I also love Victorian children's portraits, they are so charm.
XO
~Wendy

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Hi Jo-Anne,
Your photos are gorgeous! I also love Victorian children's portraits, they are so charm.
XO
~Wendy

Amanda said...

wow! The photos are beautiful! The little boy with the apples is adorable!
Love
Amanda
www.notsoperfectmess.blogspot.co.uk
xoxoxox

Mediterranka said...

Very beautiful photos. The childrens portraits are absolutely fantastic! Thanks for inspiration.

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Oh my, such a pity we have to have anonymous people who need to hide behind their posts. Donna Greene the illustrator of this wonderful book, The Velveteen Rabbit.
And my answer to your question, what you see is what you get, everything is all REAL, and yes even my hair!
Lesson learned here, and it's an oldie, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all..It will make you a much happier person.
Love & Peace!
Jo-Anne
http://donnagreen.com/Velveteen_Rabbit_Book.php

Julie Marie@Idyllhours said...

Good morning Jo... such a pity some women have nothing better to do with their life than to be catty about someone else... jealousy is an ugly thing, and it sounds like this woman is so jealous of you, and to be such a cowardly person as that, to not even leave her name... laugh at her and write her off... she is not worth even thinking about... soo good to hear from you this morning... Jack and I are taking our morning Nature walk then I am going to write you a big email back... miss you!... love you lots, xoxo Julie Marie

Ericca Gabrielle said...

beautiful photos ♥