Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hello Sweet friends!
So much to talk about today...First off, we have a winner in my magazine drawing. Leann from http://somewouldevensayitglows.blogspot.com/ receives a free copy of my new magazine The Feminine Home, Where the Heart Is! Congratulations Leann! Please email me your mailing details--  vintagerosecollection@comcast.net

This week has brought many changes. "IRENE" really packed a punch here in my neck of the woods. Thankfully only one tree was lost, and power was finally restored yesterday. WOW, I have to tell you, living by candle light really slows life down to a screeching halt doesn't it. I'm not a huge phone person so checking my emails from there was not an option. NO COMPUTER! Just me, hubby, the kids, and my little Jessy, together in one room for two days! WOW! That hasn’t happened since my kids were small. After we all surrendered to IRENE, and the complaining mellowed to a low moan, we had so much fun laughing and playing cards. In my busy world, it proved to be refreshing and a reminder, to stop and smell my own roses... I hope my east coast friends are doing well and hopefully power for you has been restored too.

Shifting gears

My Vintage Rose Collection business has been around since 2002, and since then so many aspects of my business has evolved. From painting roses, home designing, to writing and shooting for magazines and now my own magazine, The Feminine Home.
My New Venture. Jo-Anne Coletti Photography, Inspired by Romantic Moments.
My love for photography has always been the foreground of my creativity. After shooting for countless magazines, I am now turning to portraiture. I'm very excited about my new venture. I have so much to learn! A dear photographer friend told me recently that too many people are popping up thinking they can buy a camera and become a photographer. It's not that easy. AND SHE’S RIGHT! There is so much to it, and very different than shooting interiors, but I’m very excited to take my next step.
Toto & Dorothy...

I will be attending photo classes and doing as much research as possible.

Practice, Practice, Practice!


I will be conducting complementary photo shoots to establish my portfolio. While I will still continue to paint roses, my inventory will be cut back to hand painted items, and my personal note cards and vintage finds. So be sure and check my website for new paintings often.

I will also continue to photograph and write for Romantic Homes, and Jeanne d'Arc Living magazine, so look for upcoming articles in their Christmas issues and articles for 2012…

 
Happy Fall!
Jo-Anne

1 comment:

Bohemian said...

I just received my copy of your newest Magazine... lovely from cover to cover!

My congratulations to the winner of the signed copy, she will be thrilled!

Dawn... The Bohemian