Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thank You Romantic Homes

I remember years ago sitting in a Barnes and Noble book store flipping through the very first issue of Romantic Homes magazine. I was in awe, as at that time there were very few really romantic publications. I thought, finally, someone understands me! I immediately became a subscriber. I was hooked as many of you are as well. I saved clipping after clippings and even have a Romantic Homes scrapbook that I reference from time to time when I need inspiration...


Over the years, Romantic Homes has always been so very good to me, and I am ever so grateful. And now, I am honored to be a contributor for this lovely 'old friend' Romantic Homes- Thank you Jacqueline! I am delighted and thrilled!!!

My outdoor retreat in the June issue.

****************************************************************************

I recently joined a fun website called, Pinterest- http://pinterest.com/

It’s a site where you can share your photos and repin photos you have found from other sites. It’s so much fun and a great place to find interesting images. I have had a love for photography since I opened my website back in 2002. For me, setting up a vignette and capturing what I felt inside was life changing. From then on, any occasion I had going on was a photo shoot- a live moment to capture nature, life or something as simple as pink lemonade bottles waiting to tell their story.


Photography is about telling a story, capturing a mood, a feeling, to cause people to reflect inwards. A truly beautiful photo is not always about its obvious beauty, but its essence. To move someone in a way that stirs emotion. This is a gift.


The photos I have selected for this post were found on the web- please a sincere apology for not knowing the names of the talented photographers of these images. For me, these photos are more than just beautiful, they have soul...







I hope you were inspired...
Jo-Anne
xo

19 comments:

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Way to go Jo Jo! Your talent is showing again in more ways than one! Congrats dear friend! ~Stacy~ xo

Isabel said...

The pictures are so beautiful. Congratulations for this post.

Isabel

Julie Marie said...

Hi Jo~Anne... I am always inspired when I visit your lovely blog... those photos are just beautiful!... congratulations on being a contributor to Romantic Homes... I just got my June issue and can't wait to look at it!... your beautiful photos and soft~spoken words always warm my heart... love to you my sweet friend... xoxo Julie Marie

Shabby soul said...

Darling Jo Anne, I published one of your marvelous photo in my last post, and I mede the link to your fab blog. I hope it's ok!
Congratulation for Romantic Homes, my darling friend!
A big hug
Silvia

giovanna said...

beautiful post and pictures,your blog is so lovely? would you come for a visit in my blog!i will be very happy!
giovanna

Passionate for White said...

Thanks for sharing such beautiful images.... most of which I had never seen before.

A Cottage Muse said...

Congratulations Jo~Anne, how exciting!

These photos are stunning and romantic...thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

Oh my, these are actually breathtaking! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Blessings, Donna
grandma4five

Shabby Cottage Shops said...

Congratulations! The pictures are gorgeous and you're certainly an inspiration for all of us!

A Romantic Porch said...

Congratulations JoAnne! Wow! I'm so proud of you for being a contributor. I have loved my decorating magazines for years and years. I feel like I'm best friends with the photographers, stylists, contributors, editors, etc...even though they are clueless of me and my being a fan! I've been a fan of you for years too. I "knew" you because of my magazines before I ever found your blog.
Way to go!! I'm so happy for you. That opportunity would be a dream come true for me as I know it is for you too. xo rachel

Mary Ellen Shia said...

I'm so happy for you. The pictures are amazing, and so are you. Keep the inspiration coming.

Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen Shia said...

I'm so happy for you. The pictures are amazing, as are you.
Keep the inspiration coming.

Mary Ellen

Bella said...

Hi Jo-Anne,
Congratulations! They have made a good choice in you! I can't wait to see your work on the pages, good luck:-)
Hugs,
Bella

Anne Lorys - Fiona and Twig said...

You and Romantic Homes is a no-brainer...a perfect combination!

Lovely as always, my friend!

XOXO,
Anne

silvermoon said...

Hi, I really love your work and your blog.
Best regards from Switzerland
Claudine

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Congratulations on the Romantic Homes achievement! You deserve it! Also...you hit it out of the park with those pictures! Each one is amazing. Hope to see you soon at the shop!
Blessings & Hugs,
Karen

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Hi,
I am your newest follower! You have such unbelievably wonderful pictures. I wish I had that talent. All your things are beautiful, and I am looking forward to going through all the rest of your blog. Thanks for sharing. Please come visit me at my new blog, Ric Rac and Polka Dots. It is brand new, but I have lots of really fun things planned to share.
Julie

Rhonda's Rose Cottage Designs said...

I love these photos ! They are the very best !!!! Your blog is always such a beautiful place to visit! Hugs, Rhonda

Debbie Dusenberry said...

Thanks for including me! The photo of the XL farm table with hurricane candles, Xmas trees and wings on the chairs was shot by me and designed for our Holiday open house at Curious Sofa. It was a simple and wonderful crowd pleaser for our customers!!