Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hello angel friends!
I love this time of year! Our first Christmas snow arrived early tonight, and just in time to put me in the holiday spirit. It's bake night and hubby is watching the Patriots and I'm up to my elbows in cookie dough. I am making two different kinds of chocolate chip cookies. The first is my recipe which is a super thin and crispy type and the other is a box mix by Barefoot Contessa. Have you tried her cookie and cake mixes? If not, your missing out, they are so delicious and yummy!
I'm also making carmel buttons- How to- Place on a cookie sheet pretzels, the square kind and place a carmel chocolate rolo on top and bake at 250 for 8-10 minutes. Then add a whole pecan on top of the melted chocolate rolo. Allow to cool and enjoy!

*********************************************
On another note- If you haven't received your magazine "The Feminine Home" yet, you can email the printing company for perhaps, a tracking number. I wish they were quicker but with the holidays and all they are quite busy.

Here is the email link



Wishing you a storybook holiday!
Warmest Blessings,
Jo-Anne
xo



Thin, Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies



• 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter, melted and cooled to room temperature• 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz.)
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Preparation

1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well blended. Beat in 3 tablespoons water and the vanilla until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using.
3. Drop dough in 1-tablespoon portions, 2 inches apart, onto buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
4. Bake in a 300° oven until cookies are lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.
5. With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool. If hot cookies start to break, slide a thin spatula under them to release; let stand on pan to firm up, 2 to 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.

10 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Jo~Anne... your home looks just beautiful... I love the pink roses mixed in... and your recipe sounds so yummy... Merry Christmas to you my dear friend!... and Christmas kisses to sweet little Jessy... xoxo Julie Marie

Tutti Chic said...

Jo-The Christmas decor is stunning. I LOVE the tall statue-soo pretty! I am going to try the recipe this afternoon-I'll report in! I can't tell you enough how I am enjoying your gorgeous magazine. Merry Christmas to you & your family jo~xoxo Chris

Mariette said...

Dearest Jo-Anne,

Wishing you a Merry Christmas too! You got lucky with the timely snow...
Love your beautiful 'Ambience' photos!
Baking time is up next for me as well. Thank for sharing your recipe.

Lots of love,

Mariette's Back to Basics

weddingmemories said...

Jo-Anne, I have been enjoying every picture and every word of your delightful magazine. I will keep it on the top of my tea table forever and ever. Every time I pick it up to look at it I notice something I missed. How perfect is that!

Merry Christmas! Hugs, Penny H

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Jo-Anne...your home looks beautiful all dressed for the holiday!

Just wanted to let you know I got your magazine and I just love it!

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Sandy said...

That's it - I'm doing the holiday book - and your pictures are the best ones for it!

I can't get over how talented you are, Jo-Anne!



C'est ravissant!

Bisous,

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

Nicky said...

Hi Jo-Anne, i am sorry i did not take some time earlier to answer your mail. It has been a strange time with some family matters. Love your christmas decorations, so inspiring and sweet. I want to take this opportunity to wish you and yours a warm and merry christmas and a good, happy, healthy new year! xxx Nicky

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Jo ~ my dear friend...wishing you a lovely Christmas with your family. Your home looks divine as usual, your decor always inspires me to do something different. I love the sweet little snap of the books on your shelf with the ribbon wrapped around them. I may have to "borrow" that one! Love you my friend! ~Stacy~ xo

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Merry Christmas, sweet Jo-Anne!
The cookies sound amazing, I may have to ask my husband to bake some for me over the holidays.
xoxo~Tracie

Tamaravvo said...

Interesting cookies, try to cook.