Sunday, May 23, 2010

I love it when you find something fabulous, bring it home, and pull it all together using your favorite collections. I found this unique cabinet while antiquing at the Wrentham Country Store.  The talented girl there, Jeannie DeForge, made this charming cabinet out of an old window, iron brackets and wooden shelves.

I put this in my bedroom along side my vanity. It's perfect for storing bed linens, blankets and lace. 
 
I have to say, I tend to be less conservative in this room as far as my feminine side taking over me. Thank goodness hubby doesn't mind.  After all it's a place to dream and feel romantic.
Don't hide your pretty lace & linens. Find lovely ways to display their beauty so all can enjoy them.

Next time, see photos from my new mantel display


                            I hope your having a gorgoues Sunday sweet friends!!!
Jo-Anne

11 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

Your talent knows no limits. I'm glad you share all of it with us!

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Thank you Jan!
Your precious Darien is adorable! What a lovely gift of love you have given her.
God Bless sweet friend!
Jo-Anne

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Jo-Anne ~ isn't that piece wonderful! Looks like you made it feel right at home ~ just beautiful!

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

WOW!

I wish I had such p r e t t y things!

Thanks for sharing & keep sharing!

Tanza said...

Hi Joanne,
I've missed your pretty posts !! This was to the moon fabulous !! I see sooo much pretty, lacey, and ruffles, I'm STILL trying to take it all in !! Everything you do is fabulous !!

I will be back to stare some more .. hahaha .. The cabinet is soo unique, and, I too, would of grabbed her up !! you lucky girl .. it looks perfect in your bedroom ..thanks soo much for always sharing dreamy, pretty, girly things ..

Hope all is well, and wishing you a wonderful, creative, fun week ~
LoVe to you sweet friend
~tea~ xo

fannipauline said...

What a darling cabinet. My hubby and I use to make things out of old windows.........We mostly made potting benches. Yours is very cute and clever. I love your blog ........ and I am not an all pink girl....Pauline

Mary Ellen Shia said...

I'm so glad you came by the shop, it's always lovely seeing you. The shop girl who created that wonderful cupboard that you purchaced is Jeannie DeForge. She is very talented, and I'm so proud to have her in my shop.
Mary Ellen

Wrentham Country Store said...

I'm so glad you came by the shop. It is always lovely to see you. The woman who created that wonderful cupboard that you purchased is Jeannie D. She is so talented, and I'm so proud to have her in my shop.
Mary Ellen

Mariette said...

Dearest Joanne,

So lacy and romantic! Great photos again... You keep amazing your readers.

Lots of love from Georgia/USA

MariettesBacktoBasics

Barbara said...

your work is beautiful.

Karen P. said...

I fell in love with that cabinet the second I saw it at WCS. So glad you gave it a good home. I also have a space at the store, and you actually photographed it for your blog awhile ago. I was sooo excited to see my space on your site. I'm brand new at blogging, so I wanted to drop in and say hello and tell you what an inspiration your creations (and your blog are) Hope to see you at WCS store soon!