Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's almost June, and that means wedding season. So, I thought I would share with you a collection of photos I found while surfing the web. Some I have had in storage for ideas in case I should ever re-new my vows. Oh how I would do it all so differently. Just check out this photo back in 1991. Does Linda the good witch from the Wizard of Oz come to mind? What was I thinking!!!
I love weddings! Even now I will browse through a bridal magazine just to view the pretty dresses, yummy cakes and photos. Whenever there's a wedding in my family my sister and I are the first ones to jump in and lend a creative hand. Now, planning a wedding on a blog is alot less stressful than in real life..I'm sure any bride-to-be can attest to that! So, in the spirit of wedding season, lets have some fun!
Here are a few bridal photos I fell in love with and I hope you will aspire to as well..

The Dress
Vintage, Simple and Elegant.

A modern day romantic. Love the ease and flow of this one...
Princess-like
My favorite dress from the movie 'Emma". So Romantic!

Now, For the flowers. What comes to your mind???
Roses & Peonies. This would be my pick. Soo Pretty!
Or maybe this one. Look at the old lace on the stems. I can't decide...

Do you prefer a rustic wedding in the country or in a grand hotel?


This suits me perfectly. I like it here...What do you think?
Pure Bliss wouldn't you say...
A lovely wedding cake...
 Glowing amongst the roses...

or fancy & flowery cupcakes?? Something different, I like these!

Now, for some show stopping wedding photography by Simply Bloom


Click on photos to enlarge, they are breathtaking!
This was alot of fun! I hope you enjoyed this magical wedding interlude.
It's not about the destination but the journey itself..
Jo-Anne

Photos courtsey of:

21 comments:

The Spanish Dahlia said...

Just lovely! Thank you, you always have the prettiest pictures of all my favorite blogs.
Have a wonderful spring day,

~ Stephanie of thespanishdahlia.typepad.com

p.s.
I love Eden climbing roses as well, I bought 2 last spring and planted them in my front yard and I
m training them on an arbor!

Brenda-shabbycatsandroses said...

Dreamy, Breathtaking, Romantic ! What wonderful photos you have shown us!! I could just look at these all day :) But then I wouldn't get anything done :( Ah well, it is nice to escape now and then :) Have a lovely & Beautiful day my friend, warmest always, Brenda

stefanie said...

you found the most amazing phots ever....oh, to do it again!!!

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Jo ~ absolutely DIVINE wedding pictures. Thanks so much for sharing! As always, you bring such beauty and job to your blog! Thank you doll! (*_*)

My Casa Bella said...

Sometimes I wish I could get married every year just to wear a gorgeous dress and look absolutely stunning for a day, of course I do mean getting married to the same man....LOL
love the pictures you have on this post, Beautiful!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Jo~Anne... your photos are so beautiful... and my favorite one is of you and your handsome husband getting married... what are you talking about... you look stunning!!! I am so happy to see soft, romantic, just plain pretty photos! Thanks for sharing... xoxo Julie Marie

Tanza said...

Hi jo,
Gosh, such beautiful pictures !! Loving all the dresses !! the bouquets are stunning .. I want some roses .. You always share the most gorgeous of them .. Your gardens must just be beautiful !! the palest of PiNks .. yum !! Always enjoy day dreaming here .. Everything is sooo dreamy ~

Happy week-end to you ~
hugs ~tea~xo

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Jo~Anne...love your post today! If I had to do over again I would have taken my father up on his offer of a backyard wedding. Our 25th in June will be spent on the beaches of Aruba! Can't wait!

Andrea at My Feathered Nest said...

You photos are gorgeous and I'm going to look at them over and over again....I can't wait for all of my new pink climbing roses to bloom this year. I have several roses and some climbers, but it's nice to get brand new ones. What anticipation!
You were a gorgeous bride....don't have any regrets about that. Your hair is so pretty, the dress is dreamy and you and your hubby look so happy. That's what counts. I know...I've been married for 36 years.
hugs
ANDREA

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Jo-Anne, you always have the most beautiful, romantic posts! The dresses are so stunning, I want to get married again!! And all the roses, ohhh, just melts my heart! I will have to keep coming back and looking at these pics! You were gorgeous on your wedding day too!!!!
Love and hugs,
Amy

Miss Gracie's House said...

Oh...makes me want to plan a wedding...well, almost! The pics are simply gorgeous and oh so romantic!
Rene'

Jody said...

You have a beautyfull blog and I love it to follow you!

Greetings Jody.
http://jodysminiwereld.blogspot.com

MAYRI said...

Your blogs very nice and romantic.
Cong.

Kiss
<:))

Didi you see this blog
http://www.rosenotes.com/2010/04/index.html

Roberta said...

Hey Jo, It looks like you're thinking ahead to your 20th anniversary... Why not? A renewal and celebration all over again! Beautiful photos Jo and love what you did w/ the pics on your last post! Edens are my favorite rose too. xo

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love weddings, I am so glad that you admitted that you love looking at wedding stuff. I love the wedding shows on TV! I love, love, your blog I would be honored if you would take a peak at my new blog. It is DIY, tips, tricks, and secrets http://thepolkadotcloset.blogspot.com/
I would love to follow yours, I don't want to miss a single post, but can't seem to find the sign up button? Help. Thank You. Carol

Anonymous said...

Love this, the dresses are so beautiful, but if I remember so was yours...you looked like a princess too!...I really love the big bouquet with the roses...just gorgeous....
thanks for sharing...Michelle

Shabbyrosetreasure said...

oh my heavens your pictures are so beautiful. i have always admired your talent and how beautiful your roses turn out. please stop by if you have a chance and say hi,
hugs,
Olivia

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Gorgeous photos!

I was married in 1992 and my wedding photo looks VERY similar to yours.
Although I was happy with my dress and wedding style, I really wanted a much simpler dress than what was available in my price range at the time. Of course, ten years later, My perfect dress was in every bridal magazine. I was just ahead of my time. LOL

Kimberly

Cindy Geilmann said...

Oh how lovely, it sure would be nice to re-live that day.

Have a wonderful day sweet friend.

Hugs
cindy@stitches

Pastely said...

~oh your picture so romantic. :)

Mariette said...

Dearest Joanne,

The roses peonies would be my choice of bridal bouquet; no doubt! Interesting mosaic of photos and information! Well done.

Greetings,

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder