Thursday, April 1, 2010

In the world of blogging, "visually speaking", great photographs can make all the difference in your presentation . Like a beautiful magazine cover. The reason you picked it up in the first place was purely visual. It captivated you enough to look inside. Which leads me to my new camera lens. While I like the camera lens on my Canon Rebel for home interiors, I've been experiencing with Canon's little lens that could- All for under $100.00. It's the 50mm 1.8. It's lightweight and affordable, and offers a fast f/1.8 aperture-- an excellent lens for people who like to shoot in low light. I use it for my product shots and my photo's are very sharp and clear. http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU

 I've also been having fun with actions for photoshop that I found through Raised In Cotton. If your looking for camera tips this is a great blog}. The site for the actions is called Flora Bella . They have actions and textures you can purchase very inexpensively. Here are a few samples I've done with the Vintage Set.

Before using 50mm lens

After
Using "Vintage Classic Action"
I love the original photo however, if your looking for something muted with innocent hues this is a nice option. It gives a bit of an aged appearance.

Before 50mm
After using "Sweet Vintage" action.

Using "Vintage Classic"
Also using "Vintage Classic" action.
I don't like to use the actions at 100%. They can appear over-done. You can adjust them for a more sudtle effect, while still maintaining the intigrity of the original photograph.

My cousins Giselle & Janice. This is a gorgoues photo in itself.
Before
After
For a vintage look I used "Vintage Vigenette" and "Vintage Classic".

Before-
 My baby sister Susie- This is a pretty picture " As Is".

After
For a vintage sunkissed look -I used "Vintage Sunlight, Lighten & brighten and vintage vignette".

Happy Easter sweet friends!
Jo-Anne

10 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Jo~Anne... so very pretty, as is everything you do, always lovely... you are right, I pick up a magazine by what is most beautiful on the cover... Happy Easter to you... xoxo Julie Marie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Thank you for sharing, Jo-Anne. I will certainly check out the links you've provided to us here. Your cousins are beautiful, just like you... that much beauty in one family ~ wow!
Happy Easter to you sweet friend
xo~Tracie

A Cottage Muse said...

Such lovely photos as always! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy this lovely weather through the holiday weekend!

Patty said...

Oh gosh I totally love the vintage filter! Thanks for sharing ;)

Mariette said...

Dear Jo-Anne,
Your subjects are already near perfect so then it doesn't matter anymore what vintage look you want to add... but it all is very romantic and soft.

Wishing you the happiest of Easter and lots of sunshine!

Anatexstyle said...

These are wonderful works. Thanks for sharing. The photo analysis is very practical.

Amy Sutter said...

thank you so much for this post and sharing some photo secrets! I have been looking for something like this :-)
Merci Beaucoup!
xxxooo
Amy

Tanza said...

Hi my Sweet friend ~
Gosh, Loving the photo lessons !! All the pictures are just gorgeous !! It's amazing what cameras can do now a days .. I LoVe the spfter aged images soo much .. There is something about everything you touch Jo .. Always stunning, and so eye appealing .. Thanks for sharing my friend, and I soo hope you are having a wonderful week ~
hugs ~tea~xo

Joy at Cupids Charm said...

Hi Jo-Anne! Thank you for the beautiful post and information. We have the same camera and since my birthday is next week, I sent all the links to my hubby. I am really excited to take my photos to a new level. Thank you for sharing the info and for sharing your beautiful family. ~ xo Joy

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Jo ~ your photos are absolutely fantastic! Great work! I really need to buckle down and work with my camera more...but...oh well! Hugs my friend! ~Stacy~ xo