Wednesday, November 25, 2009


A quick hello and a warm, heartfelt Thanksgiving blessing to you my sweet friends. I'm not cooking this year, just a batch of double fudge brownies and garlic green beans. YUMMIE! The brownies are in the oven, I lit a cozy fire and there is a generous dose of Christmas music on the radio. A no -no usually before Christmas but I've indulged early. I do love to listen to the oldies, like Nat King Cole, Tony Bennett and Andy William's classics. I remember last year my Dad made the trip from Canada to be with us on Thanksgiving. He loved this holiday most of all as he said, there is no pressure like the busyness Christmas can bring. Just a nice quiet, relaxing day enjoying a meal with your family. I'll be going to my sister Susie's house this year who has graciously opened her home to 15 of us. The table will be set beautifully as Susie always does, with a bountiful of our favorite comfort foods we love. We thought we would set a place at the table in memory of my dear mom and dad. This year will not be the same without them, there is an emptiness in my heart that can not be filled. I am truly thankful for the gift of being their daughter and knowing the most extraordinary human-beings on earth. I love and miss you mom and dad, so very much...
To you my sweet friends, you are a true blessing in my life. And, I am ever so grateful for your kindness and friendship to me this year.
I wish each and everyone of you the Happiest of Thanksgivings!!!
Love & Friendship,
Jo-Anne
xoxo

8 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

My dear sweet friend Jo~Anne... I so know how you feel about your mama and daddy, especially this being the first year for you without the two of them... I am so happy you will set a place at the table for them... they will be there...and I know that for you, like me, they are always in your heart... I wish you so many blessings sweet friend... it will be hard for you... but somehow for me at least, it is a little easier for me knowing my mama and daddy are both together now than when just one of them was here... Wishing you a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving with your family... your little fire looks so cozy and inviting... please eat a brownie (or two, or three!) for me... love to you, kisses Jessy... xoxo Julie Marie

Anonymous said...

Joanne Happy thanksgiving to you and suzie cherylanne and glen and families.That is so sweet setting a place for your mom and dad. I miss them so much, especially when I am passing by their home.It brings back alot of memories.Just remember guys. you have so many good memories. and your mom and dad are looking down on you.Shirley and moe will live on forever in your hearts. Many blessings on this thanksgiving holiday.Love you guys always. Aunt Rita & Uncle Pleman.

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Oh Jo-Anne, my heart just aches for you. I know it must be so hard. I think it is so beautiful to set a place for your mom and dad at the table. I know they will be watching over you all tomorrow with great pride and love. I wish you a beautiful Thanksgiving with your wonderful family.
Love and hugs,
Amy

Jenny said...

Jo-anne you made me cry but made me realize how lucky I am to still have both my parents and both David's parents with us. Light a candle at the place setting for your mom and dad. I can't imagine how hard it is for you guys but my thoughts are always with you all, Jo-anne, Cheryl, Suzie, Glen and Moe Jr. and your families. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I love reading your blog. You are such a great writer. You should write a book. Love you all. Take Care. Love Jenny

tales from an oc cottage said...

Oh, I hope yours was WONDERFUL!

m ^..^

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Jo
Goodness I haven't been over to visit you for ages!

I was so sorry to hear your sad news

I just know your dear Dad and Mum will be thrilled to see places set for them.

A very hard time of the year to get through when you've recently lost ones close to your heart

My thoughts are with you Dear Jo-Anne
love to you

~ Gail ~

NeereAnDear said...

Sweet Jo,

The comment you left on my blog tugged at my heart strings in such a way... I can not describe...

The Holidays are truly difficult and losing one so dear and so close to them makes the days bittersweet ...

I know dearly what you are going through ...

Remember we shall celebrate to honor them... your mom and dad... my sister...(the memories of my sister and your dad still fresh in our minds) along with my parents who both left me many years ago ....

We shall lean on each other should we need to...

I so appreciate your words of comfort as Christmas draws near...

Many HUGS
JO

Magdalena said...

oh my...I could spend the whole winter there at the fireplace, it looks really lovely and cozy.
My best wishes
Magdalena/Color Sepia