Monday, October 5, 2009


Have you received the new Fall issue of Dovetales Magazine? Let me give you a hint of what's inside this issue.. My article on the very talented Sara Duckett of Sadie Olive and a tribute to the magnificent Halloween witch.
Click here to order your copy of Dovetales-
http://www.dovetalesantiquesandhome.com/home.html

The Origins of Halloween.. Traditions, Tales & Folklore...
Halloween's legendary orange glow represents fall's harvest, while the color black was associated with darkness, scary tales, and goblins. Candles were placed in jack-o'-lanterns to ward off spirits and ghosts on the Celt's Samhain holiday. In ancient times, the masses believed that these spirits roamed the Celtic countryside on All Hallows's Eve. Pagan believers wore costumes and masks to hide themselves and avoid being recognized as human. Traditionally, any black spiders that were seen on the eve of October 31st were alleged to be loved ones watching over you. And the so-called sacred Powers of the notorious witch were said to be protected by her mysterious, four-legged friend, the black cat.


Along with old-time favorites, a few of Sara Duckett's specialities are showcased in her successful on-line store Sadie Olive ( www.sadieolive.com).
Visit Sara's beautiful blog- http://www.sadieolive.com/theblog/



These lovely things can be found on my web boutique in Vintage Finds- http://www.vintagerosecollection.com/
New 2010 calendars are here, And feminine note books featuring my photography of pretty rooms and poems. Available in Stationary of my website.



My Angel friend, Fifi O"Neill, Editor of the beautiful magazine, Romantic Country, is hosting a fabulous contest with the prettiest give-a-way ever. You won't want to miss this one! Click here to visit Fifi's charming blog to enter.
*****************
Love, Jo-Anne
xo

13 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello sweet Jo~Anne... I subscribe now to Dovetales since no one around here carries it, and each day I have waited so hopefully for it to arrive but not yet! I am excited to see it...it is such a beautiful magazine... I am going to enter Fifi's Ooh la la giveaway... I will email you what I am doing, something that belonged to my daddy...I love my beautiful cd of your daddy's music... the new vintage finds on your site are gorgeous too! Love to you and doggie kisses to Jessie... Julie Marie

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Julie, you are adorable! I'm so happy you are enjoying my Dad's Cd as I do..It really warms my heart to know you are playing his music.
Big Warm hugs to you from me & Jessy
xoxo

Nicky said...

wow, there's so much to see in this last blog! your publication looks amazing. I once tried to receive an issue of dovetales, but it went wrong somewhere. it doesn't sell here in the Netherlands. I like the picture on the right of your little dog, he looks so sweet! and I will go to see Fifi's giveaway soon! thank you for pointing this out! have a nice day, bless you, Nicky

Cola's Cottage said...

Hi Jo~Anne! I have never heard of Dovetales?! I can't wait to look into it, I am a magazine junky!! I so love your new notebooks and calendars. Your paintings of the cottages with roses surrounding them are beautiful! I am a huge fan!! I also love how you decorate. I love to decorate too. My studio is my canvas for my paintings, creations and decorating. I am still working on my style and what I want, but when we finally build our dream house next summer, I know exactly how it will be : ) Hugs my friend! ~ Nichole

blushing rose said...

G'day, JoAnne ~ Julie Marie just shared with us about your Father. May the angels bless you & the saints enjoy your Father.

I do not see how to follow you, please advise. You have a lovely blog.

Have a lovely warm day. TTFN ~Marydon

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Hi Jo-Anne! I want that magazine! I tried to subscribe but received an email saying I would have to wait :(

I really enjoyed your part of Romantic Country!! Your photos are stunning!

Beautiful post Jo-Anne :)
Hugs,
Amy

Tanza said...

Hi Joanne,
I sooo love visiting your blog... It's simply gorgeous,a nd sooo cottagey chic !! Such beautiful eye candy...I'm soo sorry you lost your Daddy.. My own just passed away a year ago, and it's such a sad thing to get over.. I still want to pick up the phone and call him.. I have to always be reminded that he lives in heaven now !! I know he watches over me, and can feel his presence daily.. Blessings and love to you ~
hugs ~tea~xo

KayEllen said...

Wonderful:)

I am stopping by for the first time...
Sara sent me over:)

Were you at The Barn shopping today in Temecula?
You look so familiar to me...

Nice to meet you in blogland,
KayEllen

Lilla Blanka said...

Dear Jo-Anne,

I´m so happy I found your blog...everything looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

Now I´m going to look some more through your posts ;)

Mia
(Lilla Blanka of Sweden)

Saras Inredning - Interior design said...

Hello, I really love Your pictures.
Sorry to say that I can't find that magazine in Sweden.
Perhaps I can subscribe anyway?

I love it all and look forward to Halloween and soon Christmas =)
Subscribes on a Swedish interior magazin, Allt i Hemmet, and they promised a Christmas-magazin nest time (5 of november).

See Ya/Sara

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Oh my, Love your vintage finds and your calendars are gorgeous!
And thank you for letting us know about Fifi's giveaway.

I was also so sorry to hear that you lost your dad. Sending you warm thoughts.

Kimberly

Rita said...

Hi Jo-Ann,
I'm so glad I found your blog by a link i cannot remember where. our blog is stunning. I felt so intrigued by yur blog's name that had to come for a visit. I love roses too. I'm not so talented in painting them, but make nice cold porcelain roses which end up on different items: boxes, candle holders, platters, photo frames, etc.
Love the style of youf blog.
I'd be humbly delighted if you'd come and visit my blog at http://www.ritashabbychicrose.blogspot.com/
Love reading comments as comments are a great help fo growth.
Warmely
Rita

A Romantic Porch said...

Ah Sweet Jo~Anne, may you also find all the beauty you certainly deserve. xo rachel