Wednesday, July 15, 2009




Blue as the sky were, the simply flowers- We gathered together that day: Tho' dead and dry they recall the hours, Of a happiness pass'd away...
And you gave me some and I took them home, And I treasured those blossoms blue,
Tho' never a flower was needed less: To be given to me by you...
From a 1920 Forget- Me -Not Gift book- C.A Barnard




Hydrangea's bloom in my garden of periwrinke blue and blush pink.
Try decorating a cake with petals from your favorite flowers...This is a chocolate cake with fresh strawberry filling and pink buttercream icing. Yum!
Cacading on my mailbox, blue Clematis vine..A fast grower with gorgoues blooms...Also known as Travelers Joy...
A Rose Portrait
While on one of her nature walks, My sweet friend Julie from http://idyllhours.blogspot.com/ captured this beautiful photo of roses cascading everywhere along an old country fence.
Julie asked me if I would portray this photo in an oil painting so she could display her love of roses in her home. She wanted her roses to be more of a pink color, rather then red thats shown in the original photo. Thank you Julie, for allowing me to paint such a santuary of loviness. I hope you like it...
Until next time sweet friends,
I come with flower and love...
Jo-Anne

15 comments:

TattingChic said...

These photos are just gorgeous! I love the clematis growing over the mailbox! It looks like something out of a magazine! Those roses growing over the white wooden fence are beautiful, too!

Cindy said...

I've seen Julie Marie's post of those roses bushes. How tender that you've put them on canvas. I would love to have you capture my home in a cottage view. I think I read that on your blog some time ago. How does that work?

cindy g
stitches-n-stuff

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Oooh Jo~Anne, this is such a gorgeous post! Your hydrangeas are beautiful, as is that yummy looking chocolate cake with strawberry filling! Thank you so much for painting my photograph I took of the roses on the old fence, it is stunning! I have a very special place in my home where it will live, and now you have inspired me to put my little "Roses of Shakespeare" vintage giftbook I got from you previously next to it. The roses have a very special meaning to them, they must have been what was "calling me back there" that I blogged about... I am thrilled with the painting and cannot wait to receive it, thank you my sweet friend! It is so lovely and so are you...

tales from an oc cottage said...

Sooooooooo gorgeous!!! WOW!!!
You are just too talented!

m ^..^

Karyn - (French Charming) said...

Such gorgeous photos, I love Hydrangea's and the idea of decorating a cake with fresh petals. The painting is stunning!! You are so talented, wish I had just one ounce of painting talent...sigh!

Have a wonderful day!
Karyn

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Hi Jo-Anne!

This is one of the most breathtaking posts ever!! I LOVE hydrangeas and clematis!! There is just something about blue flowers! I planted to Clematis to climb my arbor this spring and I cannot wait until they grow tall! I love them.

The painting you did for Julie is absolutely stunning!! WOW, you captured her picture just perfect! You are so amazing!!!!

Hugs,
Amy

TattingChic said...

Hi there! I just came back over to say thank you for entering my giveaway! Good luck to you!

Rebecca said...

Your blog is beautiful...so many soft pastels and pretty flowers. I love looking at it.

LADY JANE'S EMPORIUM said...

OMG...the artwork you did for her is wonderful! A true masterpiece!

Cindy said...

Joanne, thank you for responding to my comment about maybe painting my home. I don't know how it happened but it went to my son's e-mail and he deleated it. I haven't seen it yet.

Would you mind sending it again?

cindygeilmann@yahoo.com

Enchanted Treasures said...

Beautiful painting, gorgeous roses, stunning home, lovely hydrangeas Jo!
xo Roberta

Andrea said...

So very pretty!

Gina said...

Always the most beautiful blog on the net to visit. I hope your summer is a great one.

Gina said...

Always the most beautiful blog on the net to visit. I hope your summer is a great one.

ctb003 said...

What a wonderful gift you have!! Thank you for sharing it with all of us. Your blog is wonderful, too!!

~ Wendy
Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com