Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Variety- Eden Climber & Sarah Bernhardt Peony. Loveliness!

and peonies from my garden. Aren't they scrumptious! This is my first peony bush and I was thrilled to have such a harvest this soon. The blooms are exploding with fragrance and has delicate pale pink fluffy petals.


Jessy can't resist their sweet aroma...







Dovetales magazine is out in stores now.. If you are a subscriber, you should be getting yours in the mail very soon. In this issue I did a feature story on one of my favorite Swedish Designers, Anette from http://lantlif.blogspot.com/. Her style and eye for design has her in a class all of her own. A sneak peek into Anette's home in Dovetales Summer 2009.


Next, is a piece I did on Jean from Horse Feather Antiques, the beautiful scenic rt 6A on Cape Cod. Jean is a veteran of decorating magazines and one look into her serene home will tell you why... This issue is a must see!!!!

You can see both these articles plus much more decorating tips by visiting your local Barnes & Noble or order on line at-


Cute Quote-

Don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
—Cale Yarborough

Until next time sweet friends, Keep smiling!

Jo-Anne
xo

16 comments:

TattingChic said...

Your peonies and roses are gorgeous!

That photo of the dog sniffing the flowers is adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

joanne the flowers are beautiful. Jessie is so cute. moe would love to see him.love you aunt Rita

SherrysRoseCottage said...

Your pink roses & peonies are so pretty, Jo-Anne! Your little Jessy is precious! Hope you are doing great, sweetie!
hugs,
Sherry

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Jo~
Your flowers/garden are so beautiful. Can't wait to get my magazine in the mail. I have been so drawn to the Scandinavian blogs as of late and those soothing colors are calling my name! How wonderful you interviewed Anette, I can't wait to read the Horse Feather Antiques article too. Always a place of inspiration here, sweet Jo... feel like I've been swept away.
xo~Tracie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Forgot to mention Jessy, so sweet. He's stealing the show from the roses almost ;)
xo~Tracie

Candy-Faith..... from Simply Pretty said...

Your garden is so pretty. I love it Jo-Anne! We are moving to our new cottage soon, I cant wait to plant roses and peonies too!!!
Love,
Candy
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada
p.s... I have to order more note cards from you again soon!!! :)

Jan's Blog said...

The roses and especially the peonies just took my breath away they are so beautiful. I'm an unattractive older lady who, if asked to describe myself internally as being a flower, it would be either a pink rose or a pink peony. I would be your picture!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

LantlivsAnette said...

Jiippiieee !!!
Ohhh so wonderful aticle from my home, everything, the text and photos,wow.. !! So happy i am now !! Thank you so very much !!
And what a lovely garden you have,all the wonderful flowers and your dog is so pretty !!
Ha ve a wonderful day my friend !
From Anette in Sweden

Pia..... said...

Hello Joanne...You have a beautiful blogg...
Pia..sweden..

Hemma hos lilla mig said...

Wow, i just love the pink roses and peonies. What a lovley dog you have.
I see Jessie like sniffing the flowers.
Have a nice day.
Hugs//Eva

ÄnglarumsMia said...

Hello Jo-Anne! Just want to say that your blog is absolutely fantastic. Such lovely photos of roses and peonies....
I´m from Sweden and I do agree - Anette´s home is something quite special and she´s always charing so much of her ideas in a very humble way!
Wish you a very nice day!
Mia

Marilyn said...

Joanne... Your flowers are beautiful! Our peonies are so lush & full this year. Our roses are just starting to open!! I so love this time of year!!
Am going to Barnes & Noble this weekend & will pick up a copy of Dovetails.... Never saw it before!!
Thanks for the tip...
Always,
Marilyn

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello sweet Jo~Anne, I am so happy to see those beautiful flowers. I adore roses (as you know),and you have captured them so beautifully in your photos and your paintings. I can't wait for my lovely shabby totebag too... xoxo Julie

sussie said...

Oh my good what a LOVELY Blogg.. hugs from www.snowwhite-sussie.blogspot.com

Sandra~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Enjoying the pinks - rose and peonies are beautiful. You can never have enough of any kind of flowery plants in your yard or even inside your home. Looking at your garden puts a smile on my face. Just Lovely!

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Truly the most beautiful garden I have EVER seen!! I dream of having one like that. I am just starting mine. Jessie is too precious!! I would be sniffing the roses too :)

Hugs,
Amy