Wednesday, June 3, 2009


Can you just imagine??? Cruising down the countryside and spotting this pony in pink. It seems perfectly sensible to me, But according to my son Andrew, this is just wrong, its not right!
So, after showing Andrew the photo above of the horse in pink ruffles, he's feeling much better about our Jessy with a bow and a bright yellow raincoat. He refused to go outside when it was raining, so the jacket is perfect for keeping him dry. As you can probably tell, I am a bragging, proud mama..I'm really enjoying this little guy!!!
A beautiful site- A proud mama swan and her babies swimming in my sisters backyard.

*******************************************************


I found this fabulous old frame in an antique shop many moons ago but never found just the right print or painting to fit as its an odd size..So I decided to paint the back of the glass first in a pinky shade, and then I added roses with a High Tea saying..This will be going to a dear friend of mine Nancy of Utah!

******************************************************

Where has this girl been hiding????


Love Love Nancy's Mosiac designs from http://www.romancingtherosestudio.com/

I stumbled on her work from Sandy of http://www.mylulabelles.com/. Nancy designed Sandy's back splash in her kitchen which is out of this world! You must have a look-


***********************************************************


One of my favorite antique gift books...

Until next time my dear friends, Happy Days!!!
Jo-Anne

22 comments:

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Everything is just beautiful, Jo-Anne. I'm with your son, I think perhaps the horse should be able to go au naturel for his sake. However, Jessy is so handsome in his raincoat. I used to love to dress up my maltese in her sweaters years ago. Jessy's living the good life for sure, he's a doll.

That backsplash is wonderful and such a great idea!

Have a good week & weekend, beautiful!
xo~Tracie

TattingChic said...

OMGosh! That teacart is SO super LOVELY! I am in love with an inanimate object, LOL!

Sandra said...

What a pretty horse! Your little furry friend looks really cool with the raincoat on. :) Love it!
Have a nice day!
Sandra

Niesz Vintage Home said...

The "Pretty in Pink" horse is too funny! :)
Your painting in the chippy antique frame is lovely and those mosaics are gorgeous!
I'm off to go check out more of her work...

Kimberly :)

A Romantic Porch said...

Ah JoAnne, I had to chuckle when I saw the horse with clothes. I just wondered how she got those clothes on it. When I was a wee little girl, I would catch our out door cat and put doll clothes on him. As soon as he could get away from me, he would run away. I wonder what the neighbors thought!! Jessy is so darling. Oh my that stove backsplash is so absolutely gorgeous. Gotta go check it out. Take care sweet one! hugs to you. rachel

FrenchGardenHouse said...

So pretty, Jo~Anne. {the framed painting, and mosaics, the jury is still out on the horse clothing!}
Have loved reading your posts, always such a joy to visit here.
xo Lidy

Sandra~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Ok, To much fashion for the horse... now your little guy might just fit in. The mosaic work is incredible, she really has the talent in making gorgeous pieces. I know I would love to have some of my furniture done in mosaic.

Enjoy your Saturday-

Brenda @Just a Bed of Roses said...

Nancy is in utah??? I must find her, she has got to bring things into my shop, we cant live without her! so stunning I cant stand it. My dear customer Julie Marie just started a blog and added you to her sidebar. I need to do so also, but with your permission. (hey we were secret sisters one time, remember!!!lol!)
I also would like to carry the dovetails in the shop since you are wholesaling them, they are awesome and so genuine. Brenda justabedofroses@hotmail.com

Idyllhours said...

Hello Jo-Anne, thank you for your sweet comments on my new blog. I savor reading your blog each time, and the photo of mama swan and her babies took my breath away! You are truly the epitome of lovliness, Julie Marie

Alice W. said...

Love that little raincoat! Too precious!

So much beauty here...thanks for sharing!

Bellamere Cottage said...

I love it alllll, but that backsplash?....OH MY GOSH! That is just beautiful.....breathtaking.

Blessings,
Spencer

Affordable homes said...

The horse is wearing its dress.. makes me laugh but the clothes is nice

KimberlyRyanDesigns said...

I love Nancy's work,it's perfection, she is so dear and sweet to boot! Hope your doing well! Hugs, Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo-Anne

Love Your blog!!! I love it all!!!!

I found your blog on Lantlif Anette. (sweden)


Hav a good week!!!!

///Sussie (from sweden)

Mamma Millan said...

OOO what a lovely blogg!!! So cute dogs!!!!;)
Hugs Mamma Millan in Sweden!!♥

Hemma på Landet said...

Nice blog you have.:-) Stina

Hemma hos lilla mig said...

Hello!
what a lovely blog you have.
I just love the pink color.
Have a good weekend.

Hugs// Eva from Sweden

Fröken Tindra said...

What a funny pink horse!! I´ve never seen something like it before!
Your little dog looks lovely in his raincoat.
Love Your rose paintings!
Hugs!

Patricia said...

Oh my...you really have a beautiful blog. Love your roses!

And a really cute dog... =)

Have a nice weekend!

Regards...
Paricia

Mamma Millan said...

Thank yuo so much!!!♥

Website Design Toronto said...

Thanks a lot for these wonderful article that you share. :) thumbs up!

West Africa Gold Exploration said...

I was looking for such a feature.Hope to read more interesting articles.Thank you for this.great job.