Wednesday, May 20, 2009



Dovetales Magazine Goes National!!!!
BiG BIG NeWS!!! The little magazine that could!
We will be hitting Barnes & Noble and other fine books stores National sooner than we had inticipated! Dovetales has received such a wonderful response from subsribers and book store owners that it will hit stands in June. Just in time for the SUMMER ISSUE.

Here is a sneak peek of my article on Jean Gretchen, owner of Horse Feathers Antiques on cozy Cape Cod. Jean's bedroom is an oasis in white...
Subsrciptions click here- http://www.dovetalesantiquesandhome.com/home.html



*****************************

Congratulations Mark!!!


My son mark made his confirmation over the weekend..A proud moment! We love you honey!


************************************************
Well, I promised you a photo of my new/old puppy dog, here he is.. Meet Jessy, my dad's baby...


I am taking care of Jessy as my dad is not well enough. Although he looks very cute snuggled in pink, but, underneath those adorable chocolate chip eyes is more like a Great Dane than a tiny Yorkie Terrier. The barking in the house never stops.. My hubby says, Do you think its all the PINK???? If it were that simple right..I need the dog whisper like you read about!

He has developed some not so cute habits over the years but we love him just the same. We have alot of special moments like when I wrap him in a blanket and rock him to sleep. Im hooked!!!

Jessy in the garden...


***********************************************
Home Portrait

This is the beautiful home of Sandy from www.mylulabelles.blogspot.com . Sandy wanted her home portrait to resemble the second cottage painting in my collection, with two roses on the side. This was a fun portrait to paint as I loved the huge pink crab apple tree in front showing in full bloom. Be sure and visit Sandy's blog and website.http://www.mylulabelles.com/. Her treasures are magically!!!




If you would like your own home painted in a beautiful country setting. please email me at-mailto:vintagerosecollection@comcast.net



Until next time sweet friends,

Always love to you,

Jo-Anne

xo

19 comments:

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Sweet Jo-Anne,
First of all, I love Jessy. How nice you're taking care of her and what a lucky pooch living in your beautiful home. I'm sorry to hear your dad's not feeling well enough to take care of her right now, my prayers are with him.

Congratulations to your son on his confirmation - well done!

Glad to hear about Dove Tales, I love that magazine and that bedroom you've given us a sneak peek of there in your post. Can't wait to see my copy (as always!).
xoxo~Tracie

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

Jo-Anne,
I love love love my painting!
You did a wonderful job.
thank you so much!

Im excited about Dovetales going national!
We need more magazines with the romantic
look we love.
I have enjoyed every issue ive gotten so far.
Congrats!
Sandy

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

I love Sandy's painting! I also just subscribed to Dovetales! Thanks for letting us know about that!

Your son in adorable!

Tutti Chic said...

Jessy is just adorable Jo-she must miss your dad. I'm sorry he isn't well. It's been a hard year for him hasn't it? Congrats on your sweet sons confirmation.SO excited about dovetails since I haven't yet subscribed(I keep meaning to really!lol!)Sandy's romantic home is forever captured by you & looks so lovely painted! Your paintings are just fabulous! Please keep showing us the lovely homes you are painting! xo chris

Anne Marie said...

Confirmation is so special isn't it? they get a strength within that is much needed :)

it's very nice to meet you..via Tracie at My Petite Maison....

have a wonderful weekend!!

Melony at Whimsy Daisy! said...

You are so blessed to have such wonderful events going on in your life! Congratulations and enjoy. Your magazine is beautiful and I wish you much success.

A Romantic Porch said...

Jo~Anne, You are such a sweetheart to take Jessy...rocking her to sleep is just the best!

Congratulations to your son.

And Jo~Anne, I am so proud of you and your magazine! It is so beautiful. I hope I will be able to subscribe soon.
xo rachel

A Romantic Porch said...

P.S. I meant to tell you what a lovely idea you've had to paint pictures of homes. Love it!

Betsy Head, Affordable Interior Design said...

I am loving the look of your blog!

Betsy

pastelgirl* said...

I love your very block.
You see very happy with the sheer
I love your work and much other.

pastelgirl* said...

I love your very block.
You see very happy with the sheer
I love your work and much other.

pastelgirl* said...

i like your blog.

Cathy said...

Jo-Anne,

I am so thrilled about Dovetails. It has to be one of my favorite magazines. Classy and so well done. I was hoping it would go national. Great news.

I love your idea of painting people's homes in a beautiful setting. Wow, so lovely. Just love it.

xo Cathy

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Jo
It's lovely you can take care of Jessy - I bet that's a relief to your Dear Dad - if he's anything like my Dad he worries about his pets more than he does himself!

Congratulations to your son - you must be very proud

Jo I've not seen Dove Tales over here in Australia, I must watch out for it - isn't that wonderful it's going well!

Your personalised cottage potraits are adorable - what a fabulous idea!

Enchanted Treasures said...

Hi Jo, Your house paintings are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the next issue of Dovetales too!
My very best to your Dad.
xo Roberta

manila realty said...

Congratulations!!!! :)

manila realty said...

Congratulations!!! :)

manila realty said...

Congratulations!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Joanne. first of all congratulations mark,such a special time in your life.Little jessie is so cute. I miss him, but your right in the barking .lol.Jessie always sat on your dads lap being cuddled by him. it was so cute. Joanne I just love your paintings, the house protrairt is something else awesome. Well hon, take care and I love you all.Love Aunt Rita (Cape Breton)