Tuesday, February 10, 2009



 

Is, simply peaceful... It's a word that can describe a person, a trait, mannerism, an act of kindness, a movement, an exist, a look, a table setting, a delicate flower, a way of life and so on...As lovely as God has made our gardens so is the expression of human nature. Living Gracefully is the signature of God in our lives...I have relied on this more than ever this past year. I could not have prepared my heart for my mothers passing, nor do I have control over the terminal illness my father faces today... Allowing Grace to enter in our uncertain world invites  stillness, awareness, a sense of calm in the things we may not understand. I find myself at a cross road, as many of you. I have faith in stillness, as it brings me enlightenment, knowledge and a new perspective. I don't know what 2009 will hold, but I am hopeful...

Each day-
Chose Grace- For I am
Chose Love- I will love God and what God loves
Chose Joy-I will invite God to be the God of all circumstance
Chose Peace-I will forgive so I shall live
Chose patience-I will overlook the inconvenience of the world
Chose Kindness- I will be kind to the poor as they are alone
Chose Faithfulness-Today I will keep my promises
Chose Gentleness- If I raise my voice may it only be in praise
Chose Self-Control-I am a spiritual being

*Book- Grace for the moment by Max Lucado*


I was sad to hear the news of Rachel Ashwell's closing of some stores.. 
 Shabby Chic has made a huge impact on the design world, you would think this is cause for alarm. I see it as a re-birth, a renewal.. An opportunity to focus on the fundamentals of our time... As designers, What drives our inner most being is what will survive in our suffering economy. Our passion...Simplicity and Quality, in their purest essence...



 This angelic photo of Grace Kelly is the epitome of Grace, beauty & composure.


***A work in progress
I am back in my studio painting. I found this "Graceful" Mirror at an antique shop. I haven't seen anything quite like it. A lace doily is engraved in the center..It's really quite stunning. As you can see the roses have not taken form. I should be completed in a day or two.. Check back again as I will post photos...
************

HGTV FUN!
Rate My Space

You can post your favorite photo's on the HGTV website called Rate My Space. It's a wonderful way to share decorating ideas.
Vote Here!



Always, Love & Friendship
Jo-Anne
xo

Smiling is Contagious!!!
Thank you Roberta,  of Enchantedtreasures, for your graciousness, expect advice, encouraging words and kindred spirit.
Thank you Lizzy, of Vintage Lizzy for your graciousness, loyal friendship and infectious humor!

19 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Jo-anne; I just love the mirror, it is so gorgeous. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother, and the illness of your Father, my prayers are with your family. You wrote such a lovely post.

Hugs;
Alaura

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Jo Jo ~ such a lovely post. You have been the epitome of grace for me over the years. Have a blessed day! ~Stacy~ xo

Tutti Chic said...

Jo~This is a lovely post. your words are beautiful as is the gorgeous mirror you are adorning with your signature roses! I know it's been a tough few months for you with the loss of your wonderful mom~thinking of you....xo chris

Suzie said...

Beautifully spoken about grace. You have an amazing talent with words. It gave me goosebumps..

Love,
Suzie.

Enchanted Treasures said...

Beautiful post on 'grace' Jo~ I'm so happy that you're feeling better my dear friend. And that lovely mirror! Oh my! Please show us when you've finished with your gorgeous roses.
A couple of sunny 50 degree days sure helps too doesn't it?
xo
Gracefully yours,
Roberta

Marilyn said...

Thank you for such a Lovely post! I too have lost my parents & absolutely nothing can prepare you for the feeling of being adrift. Life is hard but keep your faith & the grief will disolve into wonderful memories.
Love, Marilyn

alicew said...

I enjoy reading that devotional by Max Lucado often, and Grace Kelly is one of my most favorite people of all time.

I too was so sad to hear about Rachel Ashwell's business. She was one of my first inspirations when she had a show on television so many years ago...

I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers...I can only imagine how much you must miss your mother...

avalonrosedesign said...

Hi Jo-Anne, what a lovely post! Thanks for sharing!

Cathy

Say It With Roses said...

Your blog is always a treasure to read!
I am sad for the loss of your Mother. Mine has been gone for more than ten years and I still want to pick up the phone to call her to ask her a question or share something with her. The pain has passed but the yearning will never pass, I don't believe.

I can tell you are a wonderful daughter and I am deeply sorry about your Fathers illness.

Blessings,
Adrianna

Alison said...

Beautiful.
I too was shocked to hear about Shabby Chic over on Rachels blog, so sad.
love
Alison
x

Melissa Jones said...

Thank you for the kind words... It means so much coming from someone with such a beautiful talent... I LOVE your blog... I want to live in the pictures.. So pretty! Have a blessed weekend!

A Romantic Porch said...

JoAnn, Sweet one...and you my dear are so "graceful" in the way you write about life's challenges. May you be blessed abundantly with grace! xo rachel

Rue said...

Hi Jo-Anne :)

Rachel Ashwell's stores? I hope it's just a few. All the magazines that have left the stands are bad enough.

You and your family are in my prayers and I am deeply sorry for the loss of your mother.

hugs,
rue

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hello Jo-Anne,
What a beautiful post. I never expect anything less than that from you. I come here and take in a deep breath of beauty that relaxes the soul. I'm off to look at Rate My Space (your room is lovely as ever) and vote. Hope you're enjoying your weekend and had a nice St. Valentine's too. You're one of the most romantic living ladies out there. Oh, I was sorry to hear about the Shabby Chic stores. Talk soon.
xo~Tracie

Bellamere Cottage said...

How lucky I am to have found your blog. It is lovely.

I'm so sorry about your friend, Natalie. Her writing was so timely to me. I lost my sweet Mum the day after Christmas and am sooooo missing her. She was so dear. How comforting Natalie's message was. My Mum actually bought me the same Max Lucado book on Grace for Christmas!

And, I LOVE pink!....make that pink roses and I'm especially thrilled. AWESOME. They're just so HAPPY, aren't they??

Warm Blessings,
Spence

Anonymous said...

My Grandmothers name was Grace and she was the definition of the word. Thanks for sharing...Michelle

KK Monteiro said...

Wonderful Grace! I have this book by max Lucado! God is all we need! God bless you! beautuful blog! Hugs from Brazil!

KimberlyRyanDesigns said...

Hi Jo, that mirror will be beautiful when your done. Lovely tender sweet post, I enjoyed it so much, hugs, Kimberly

Caroline.K said...

Hello Jo-Ann,

Thanks to Jackye's (french) blog, I've discover your work. You have her best wishes.
Love this article about "Grace".
good luck
Caroline