Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I was so thrilled to have found this Magnificent Antique Tin with ornate embossed ribbons and bows. I was told by the dealer it dates around the late 1800's. It's beautifully showing off its aged patina, I love it rust and all. I painted some pink roses in the center as it looked like it needed " something" even tho it was so detailed... I will ponder over a piece for days and always question whether to paint or not to paint, but this to me looked like an ornate canvas waiting for a center piece....

Wishing you a beautiful Autumnish weekend!
Love to you,


~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Very beautiful; the roses are just right for this wonderful piece!


Hi Jo-Ann,
This is absolutly gorgous!! I hope your having a happy Fall!

Pink Slippers said...

Can I say anything but--WOW?

Kim's Cottage said...

Oh,you're so right. Your roses are the perfect touch, especially with the pink background. Beautiful!


tales from an O.C. cottage said...


M ^..^

Tutti Chic said...

OMG! This tin is absolutely gorgeous with your beautiful roses adorning it Jo! xo chris

Älskar sött/ Unik kollektion said...

Dear Jo-anne!!

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a nice weekend!! Some bloggers have a translation ikon on the page wich can translate from different countries. *blipp* at theirs and place it at your blogg page.

hugs Malin xxx

Denise said...

Soooo Pretty! Your lovely pink roses are just what it needed! Your blog is always such a pleasant place to visit.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

It beautiful Jo-Ann!
you were right and you added the perfect touch to it!!!

Marie Antionette said...

You were right ,it did need the painting of roses in the middle.Its very beautiful.You are a very talented painter.I always love to visit here.Hugs Marie Antionette

Alice W. said...

Jo-Anne that is one of the most beautiful pieces I have ever seen! Stunning!

Becky said...

You have seen the ceiling in my shabby old house haven't you? Do you
What a masterpiece that is now.
I am always finding something grand and I always think that it needs your touch on it.
I sketched a rose. I am just going to keep trying until I get it right. You inspire me and so many others.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Oh and just in case you didn't see the tin ceiling it is on
Bye for now

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Jo-Anne ~
That is beautiful !! thank you for sharing with us ~

Holly said...

Very yummy, Jo-Ann! What a find. If I could paint roses like you can, I'd add them everywhere! :>

Jo-Ann, I've always meant to compliment you on your hair style, too. Sooo pretty with it half up/half down. It makes me want to grow my hair back out quick!

I hope you enjoy the last hours of the week end!

~ Hearts ~

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Oh JoAnn, its lovely!
And you've made it even more beautiful with your art work.

Kimberly :)

Gina said...