Saturday, August 23, 2008





are a favorite of mine to display around my home. They offer beautiful and inspiring photography as well as fabulous decorating tips.

New to the book world is "Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage style homes" by Dianne Zweig.
You can find my rose oil paintings, artwork as well as my home featured through-out the book.

You can pick up a copy at your local book stores, www.amazon.com or http://www.collectorbooks.com/items/item_detail.php?item_num=7759

Here's a sneak peek inside-


Some of my favorite finds...I love painting on vintage baskets and trays and giving them a romantic look... Along side of me in this photograph is the sweet and talented Penny from www.lavenderhillstudio.com.
My in home-office... The first piece I bought was the ladies writing desk where I keep letters and bills. A fabulous armoire with folding doors was used to hide my computer, an open cubby for holding baskets and bins, and my favorite, an antique post office letter box for files, folders, and supplies.
My Country Kitchen is quite small being its a gala style with limited storage. I use antique open cubbies and cabinets to store my china and everyday things.
An old antique window hand painted with pink roses...

My dressing table- A lovely place for flowers and one of my rose oil paintings ...


I hope you enjoyed a little tease inside...This is a fabulous coffee table book with lots of ideas for collecting, where to find what your looking for guide and beautiful photographs...



A lovely poem sent to me by my dear friend Natalie: Enjoy!



Beautiful Women:


A little boy asked his mother,
'Why are you crying?'
'Because I'm a woman,' she told him.'
I don't understand,' he said.
His Mom just hugged him and said, 'And you never will.'
Later the little boy asked his father,
Why does mother seem to cry for no reason?
'All women cry for no reason,' was all his dad could say.
The little boy grew up and became a man,still wondering why women cry.
Finally he put in a call to God.
When God answered, he asked,'God, why do women cry so easily?
'God said:'When I made the woman she had to be Special.
I made Her Shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world,
yet gentle enough to give comfort.
I gave Her an Inner Strength to endure childbirth
and the rejection that many times comes from her children.
I gave Her a Hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up,
and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.
I gave Her the sensitivity to Love her children under any and
All circumstances, even when her child has Hurt Her Very Badly !
I gave Her Strength to carry her husband through his faults
and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.
I gave her Wisdom to know that a good husband Never Hurts his wife,
but sometimes tests her strengths
and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly.
And finally,
I gave her a tear to shed.
This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed.'
'You see my son,' said God,'the Beauty of a Woman is not in the clothes she wears,
the figure that she carries,
or the way she combs her hair.
The Beauty of a woman must be seen in Her Eyes,
because that is the doorway to Her Heart- the place where Love resides.'


Well, I promise I won't take so long in between posts.. it has been a very busy, crazy summer, but its all good...Thank you so much for all your nice comments.. I really do appreciate all of them and cherish your warm wishes...
Happy summer days and good thoughts my sweet bloggers :)


Love to you, Jo-Anne

29 comments:

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

What a beautiful poem Jo-anne!
And ill have to go check out the book thanks for telling us.
smiles,
Sandy

Suzy said...

That is a really wonderful poem, it sure brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing.
Because your post is so great you deserve an award! And I have one for you, if you like! (of course you would get it even without such a great post!!!!):OD Please stop by.

Enjoy your days! Love Suzy

Älskar sött/ Unik kollektion said...

Hi Jo-Anne!!

Thank you sooo much for your lovely comment! I get so happy!! Yes..my home will be published in an magazine as well as a book!! Fun isnt it?? I can see that your home too has been published!! Congratulations !!..it looks wonderful =) Lovely poem you show!! Its so true..LOL! HAve a wonderful day...love and hugs Malin xxx

A Romantic Porch said...

Isn't that poem so beautiful? It's such an amazing reminder to hang in there. Congratulations for being featured in the beautiful book. xo rachel

Holly said...

Hello, Jo-anne!

Thanks again for stopping by my blog.

How awesome it must be to be featured in books and magazines!

Have a beautiful day!

~ Hearts~

Becky said...

Hi Joanne,
It is sunny here in FL today.
Thank you for you prayers. By looking at the map of where Faye traveled it is as tho there was a hedge of protection around Odessa. I believe I know where that came from!
Natalie was so sweet in reponding to my prayer request as well. I think very highly of you girls!
Blessings to you both
Becky
www.laceandlures.blogspot.com
I am also working on another blog just about the Victorian house. Oh how I would love to have you come and do your magic on a wall.

Pink Slippers said...

I'm so happy you posted. Thank you for all the lovely pictures. Beautiful poem. I think my first Romantic Country was one you were featured in. Have a blessed day.

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Hi JoAnne,
Welcome back! I loved the poem and I will diffently find that book it looks beatiful. I hope you have had a good Summer and please don't stay away so long this time we missed ya!(;
Hugs~Kelly

SherryRoseBella said...

Hi Jo-Anne! I haven't chatted with you in ages! I hope you are doing well. The pictures you have posted are beautiful and I love your blog. I am still enjoying the pieces I have ordered from you! Take care, sweet lady!
Hugs, Sherry

Tutti Chic said...

What a touching, lovely poem jo~I'm so glad you're back from a busy summer! xo chris

Cottage Flair said...

I just found your blog. Your work is lovely. Your office is gorgeous. It must be inspiring to work in such a beautiful place.
Jennifer

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

such a poem!

M ^..^

Marie Antionette said...

Hi Sweetie,I thought I would post ,while i can.Gustave is on his way.That was one of the most beautiful poems I ever read.And of course everything here is just lovely.But then you are a lovely woman.hugs Marie Antionette

Rue said...

Hi Jo-Anne :)

Thank you so much for your kind words about my house "issues". Hopefully soon I will be living my dream ;)

Congratulations being published in the book. Beautiful poem :)

hugs,
rue

Alice W. said...

So exciting! I haven't gotten a copy yet...but now seeing the inside makes me want it now!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

I will have to look for this book....it looks just lovely...
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Tracie~MPMaison said...

Hello Jo,
The poem is beautiful. I am always amazed when I come here. My spirit just lifts and all the beauty is so inspiring to me.

The book looks lovely, I think I'll "hint" about it this evening ;) Congratulations to you.

Happy long weekend, sweet Jo
xo~Tracie

Pear Street Studios said...

Congrats on making it in her book! That's wonderful!
Hope all is well with you :)
Hugs, Jen

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Hi Jo-Anne! What a beasutiful poem! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Congrstulationsd on being featured in the book! Just beautiful :)

Hugs,
Amy

Vicki Pink Pearl Girl said...

Hi Jo Anne,
I love visiting your blog & I love the poem. Your posts are always so beautiful. I am looking forward to checking out the book.
Bliss from the Pink Pearl Girl

Älskar sött/ Unik kollektion said...

Thank you sooo much cutie!! It warms my heart!!...Especially when it comes from a proffessional like you!! =) Enjoy your day! Live..love..laugh!! Hugs Malin xxx

Mo said...

I wanted to invite you take part in an event that I'm hosting September 4-7 called "Show Us Your Pretty Pumpkin."
Take a pic of your prettiest pumpkin, leave a comment with a link, and Sept. 4-7 I will add your post to the list.

Donna Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful poem with us!
Congrats for being published once again, I love the articles on you and your work!!

XO,
Donna Lynn

Suzy said...

Just stopped to say hi and to wish you a great weekend.

Suzy

Marie Antionette said...

Hi Jo anne,Thought I would stop by and say hell,I'm going to the book store today,and order me this book.I just wish you were here to sign it.Hugs Marie Antionette

Suzy said...

Missing you, hope you are having wonderful time enjoying the last sunny days in your precious garden!?!

Big smile and hi to you. Suzy

Anonymous said...

Jo-anne the poem is just beautiful.I am so proud of you and your exquisite home and beautiful art work being once again published.Just imagine being in a magazine(something to look back on and show your grandchildren(lol) your dreams are coming true.Love you joanne and keep up the great work.Aunt Rita

Suzy said...

Just wishing you a sweet and calm Sunday.

Suzy

Daisy Cottage said...

Good Morning Jo-Anne!
Congratulations on all of your recent features!! I will definitely get this book! Thank you also for sharing the beautiful poem - it really touched my heart. EVERYTHING is always beautiful over here.
xo,
Kim