Sunday, June 29, 2008


Home Sweet Home*
My vacation with my parents was all that I hoped for... Serene, peaceful and
relaxing...I really enjoyed the one on one time with my parents.
This trip was extra special as their health is failing. I feel helpless at times as we all live so very far way from eachother and I only wish I could be there for them on a daily basis.
so I treasure every single moment I have with them...The first day we arrived was perfect..We all headed down to the sea shore for a picnic by the lighthouse. The weather was gorgoues, 85 with a gentle sea breeze. I said to my dad, if this was Boston you wouldn't find a spot to sit...It would be packed solid... Here, we had the whole Atlantic coast line to ourselves...Its so serene and traquil.

A breath taking view of my favorite lighthouse a few miles from my parents house in Cape Breton Island.
Sweet lilacs grow in abundance on the island and make for beautiful floral baskets.
My niece Nicole gathering lilacs for the kitchen table. Every room in my moms house got a tea cup or vase filled with this sweet smelling bloom...

Check out the PINK POSH! My parents neighbor colored their dog's mane pink...My sister and I were in complete amazment! The little cutey wasn't too happy while I was snapping her picture but I just couldn't resist ...

A rock " n " Family Portrait- From left to right- Sister Susie, brother Glenn, Dad, Mom, Sister Cheryl, Me, and brother Moe.
As most of you know my family is musical so its always a real treat to hear my brothers play at JT's night club in New Waterford. Brother Moe ( far right) is the only one living in Canada along with my parents so its like a big family reunion every year. A band favorite at JT's, they welcome the band back once a year for a rock "n" roll summer bash..


The Lauzon's- From Left to right- Brother Glenn,base & vocals, Glenns son Nygel on drums, and brother Moe on lead guitar and vocals.

Glenn belting it out! Glenn still playing in Boston with his band Blind Ambition.


Moe doing what he does best! Back in the 80's Moe was the lead guitarist for the recording group Titan" out of Halifax Nova Scotia with hits like "Midnight Romeo" and "Shes a big girl now".
Moe was voted best Guitarist in Canadian Maritimes 3 years in a row.
You still got it Moe!!
Click on link below to hear the hit song- "Midnight Romeo" .
Click "download now securely" and "open" to listen.


Dad showing off his barbie outfit...

Me and Mom sharing some mother daughter talk...


My beautiful Sister Susie and her loving Husband of 15 years John...

Moe and his newly adopted son Charles walking by the sea shore.
A precious moment...

Thanks for sharing in my vacation to Nova Scotia... Ill have much more to show you very soon...

Love to you,
Jo-Anne
xo

18 comments:

Suzy said...

Dear Jo-Anne,
the photos are fantastic and I can tell that you had great time. I am a family person too and the precious moments are most important. You all look so cute. I am glad you had tranquil and nice vacation.

P.S. I adore the lighthouse!

Suzy

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

I had to laugh when I saw the picture of the pink dog I did the same thing to my aunts white poodle when I was a child. She was not happy at all but I do credit that moment in time as the moment with my love afair with pink began.
smiles,
Sandy

Brenda Kula said...

I love lighthouses! And I live in East Texas and never get to see them in real life! So I enjoyed yours. Also wanted to say you have the loveliest things!
Brenda

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Hi Jo-Anne,
What a lovely family you have. I am so glad you had some time with your parents. They look so great!

I had to laugh at that Pink Pooch! Funny!
Hugs,
Penny

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Those lilacs are gorgeous! It looks like such a beautiful and serene place! Your family looks like they would be so much fun!!!

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

How fun!!!!! And the light house
picture is just how I have always imagined it!!!
Thx!!!



M ^..^

Sanya Pallos said...

Hello Sweet Jo,
Thank you for sharing all of the amazing photos of your vacation. Your whole family is so lovely, but the most wonerful part for me is seeing all of the obvious love and adoration that you have for one another, it is such a gift, and it is so nice to know that you treasure it.
Welcome home my friend.
Love,
Sanya

Cottage Rose said...

Welcome back. Thank you so much for sharing your family photos and vacation. You look so much like your Mother, who is very lovely. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time, when every one lives so far apart it is times like yours that mean the most. God Bless;

Hugs;
Alaura

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Jo ~

Glad you had a great time and glad you are back!

~Stacy~ xo

Tracie said...

Oh sweet Jo~
What a lovely post. Thank you for taking me along for your family reunion.
What a beautiful place to have a picnic, I can see why that lighthouse is your favorite.
The family photo is great, everyone having such a fun time - it just shows!
That is one frou frou pink doggie there, actually looks like she's smiling at you ;)
Thank you for taking me along, you are so blessed to have a large family.
Your Dad in his barbecue outfit is wonderful too!
I'm off to visit the music link.
xo~Tracie

Counting Your Blessings said...

So glad you had a wonderful time. We're getting ready for our family vacation next week. Mom, Dad and their adopted 3 and my husband and our 4 - I can't wait. Blessings... Polly

Marina Capano said...

wow! I love pictures!! I love so much the fireplaces! I love its! congratulation! You have amazing blog! visit me anytime....

Tutti Chic said...

Jo-The photos are just lovely & your parents adorable!It's touch to watch beloved parents grow older isn't it? Looks like you enjoyed being with your entire family so much! Nova Scotia looks amazing. That lighthouse is so serene looking out there~So much beauty. The pink pooch is hilarious! :) chris p.s. Happy belated 4th!

Kristin said...

I just found your blog and I love it..its so adorable!!

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Hi Jo-Anne! What gorgeous pictures! I am so glad you were able to get away and enjoy your time with family! Those are the best vacations :) The lilacs are beautiful! One of my very favorite flowers.

Hugs,
Amy

Sue said...

Jo-Anne,
What an accomplished family you have! I see the resemblance in you and your beautiful Mom. Glad to hear that you had such a great family get-together.
Hugs,
Sue

Alice W. said...

Sounds like such a wonderful time Jo-Anne...and what a talented and beautiful family you have! It is so nice to see families stay close even when seperated by miles...

A Romantic Porch said...

Jo-Ann, What a touching post about your vacation. Your photos were lovely. I've wondered about you after I read you were leaving for a while. I haven't been able to go around blog world much lately, so it is wonderful to drop by today and catch up with you, beautiful one. xorachel