Monday, May 26, 2008

A Weekend In My Garden...


I woke up saturday morning to find my two honey handsomes in the garden planting up a storm... Pink Geraniums, wave petunias, impatients, blue salvia, gazanias, scaevolia, pink zinnias, pink & white begonias, and, my favorite, a pink dog wood tree. Now, owning a landscape business my husband Mark is stretched out pretty thin, out of his mind insanely busy, so our yard is usally the last one done... I was very excited to say the least!

Honey handsome wearing a smile for me...


Mark 1 & 2 planting Geraniums around the lamp posts.


My oldest son Mark planting side by side with his dad... A kodak moment!
Around the Birch tree; Pink impatients " Rose Pink" and New Guinea Impatients.


Standing pretty, my pink dogwood tree.


A lovely poem: This was sent to me by my cousin Kim and really says it all. Enjoy!

Collect 12, it's not easy...

'Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

A sharp tongue can cut my own throat.

If I want my dreams to come true, I mustn't oversleep.

Of all the things I wear, my expression is the most important.

The best vitamin for making friends..... B1.

The heaviest thing I can carry is a grudge.

One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

I lie the loudest when I lie to myself.
If I lack the courage to start, I have already finished.
One thing I can't recycle is wasted time.

Ideas won't work unless ' I ' do.

My mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open.

The 10 commandments are not a multiple choice.

The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime! It is never too late to become what I might have been.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right.. Forget about the one's who don't.

Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
A picture of pure innocence!
(This beautiful baby photo was sent along with this poem.) The most beautiful baby girl I've ever seen!
Love & friendship,
Jo-Anne

30 comments:

Gårdsromantik said...

Such a lovely pair! The Gardeners of cours.

You have a absolutely stunning home and the garden is marvellous!

Best Regards Maud

Suzy said...

Hi Jo-Anne,

lovely poem and really cute baby! The garden will be great.
I was wondering, behind the dogwood tree what is it - your house, a guest house, your studio, a barn...? It looks great!

Suzy

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Hi Sweet Suzy!
Thanks for your nice comment today :)
Behind the dogwood tree is my barn.. It needs some work but for its age its in pretty good shape. The main house was built in 1820, and the barn has been estimated alittle later around 1850...Right now we use it for storage only...

Hope you had a fabulous weekend doll!
JO
xoxox

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Your home and yard are beautiful!
And how smart your husband is, knowing that only pink flowers will do. LOL

Oh my! That precious little baby girl!
Kimberly :)

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

Beautiful poem and the baby is a doll!!!
Wish I had a green thumb but im too afraid of spiders!!!
smiles,
Sandy

Barbara Jacksier said...

You lucky girl. I have to do all my own planting! Your garden looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne Your house looks beautiful, and your garden, is out of this world The two marks looks pretty hot themselves lol.Take care hon and we love you Aunt Rita .(canada)

Sanya Pallos said...

Oh Jo, your garden is to die for, and of course, your home is the perfect backdrop!!! You are so blessed, thank you for sharing your photos, and friendships with everyone, your heart is so generous. The poem is perfect, I will have to copy it and put it on my bulliten board.
Thank you for sharing!
Love,
Sanya

Joy at Cupids Charm said...

Hi Jo-Anne! Your yard is sooooo lovely and what a beautiful way to wake up with the special sight of dad and son side by side. It's those little moments in life that are the most special. Enjoyed the poem too...and that baby looks like she should be painted by you!!!...that sweet little face peeping out from the middle of a rose bloom! Have a wonderful week! ~ xoxo Joy

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

Your yard is so pretty already...it will be amazing with all the blooms!

M ^..^

Tracie said...

Hi Jo-Anne,
What a beautiful poem and something to really take to heart each day. Thank you!

Your garden is lovely, bet it's the prettiest in town ;)

Happy day!
xo~Tracie

BlossomClothing said...

can i just say i am in love with your blog!
it's gorgeous and i love all the images you have, they are so beautiful.
i will be adding you to my blog roll
if you'd like to do the same.
love from blossomclothingx

Alice W. said...

How fabulous for you!!! Your garden looks beautiful and I love your big barn!

Lori said...

Wow, beautiful flowers - and such a sweet husband to plant them all.
I love the soft pink geraniums at the lamp post. And, I that is such a great poem... I'll have to pass that one on & print it for myself.

Paper Roses said...

Your garden is looking beautiful,loved the pictures of your boys planting up your flowers,the weather looks perfect.
Debbie.

Tutti Chic said...

such a handsome duo planting for you jo-anne! waves are a favorite of mine to plant. so lush, no deadheading & love the heat! I plant a ton of them every year-great choice with all the pretty flowers! What a wonderful poem & such a pretty baby! wonderful post~xochris

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Oh I just love this poem so much, and what true words of wisdom. THank you very much for sharing it!

Heather :)

Counting Your Blessings said...

Those are some wonderful quotes. I liked the one about if you want your dreams to come true you mustnt over sleep. And you're right, that baby is darling! Blessings.. .Polly

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

What sweet guys you have!

Oh the flowers are just stunning!! Your home is fabulous!

Oh that precious precious little girl! What a doll! I have five boys and would have loved a little girl!

Hugs,
Amy

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Beautiful garden, so warm and sunny!! I just love that poem, may a borrow a few of those lines?
Alicia ~ time worn style

Mandii said...

Hi Jo-Anne,
It's so great that Father & Son do things like that together, they will look back in years to come and remember spending such great time with each other.
The poem was so sweet, your home looks breathtaking!!
mandii

Sandra Evertson said...

Gorgeous gardens!
Sandra Evertson

Brook said...

So so lovely!! I'm happy for you. It's truly gorgeous.

XO
Brook

A Romantic Porch said...

I love this post Jo-Anne! Enjoy your beautiful flowers. Love,Rachel

Suzy said...

Just wanted to see how are you!!! If the garden is blooming?!

Enjoy your week. Suzy

A Fanciful Twist said...

Oh my heart!! I am sending this to my sister!! Soo beautiful!! xoxo

Your garden is incredible!!

our shabby cottage said...

Oh, Jo-Anne, your work is amazing - I am in love! I love your home too. It looks so inviting! Kathryn.

...med tiden som hjälp-Linda said...

The poem is beautiful...!!//Linda

Couture de Papier said...

Precious baby so adorable ..what pure light she has! thank you for poem from your cousin Kim really needed it today! I think I have been by your gorgeous home..the barn looks familiar?
Denise, Hull,Mass.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

The garden is beautiful and so is the precious baby!! Adorable!!